Monday, June 6, 2011

Lava Lake

Well, we went on a 6-mile hike yesterday to a place called lava lake. It was absolutely beautiful. It was three miles up, and the last 1.5 was spent trudging through snow. No lie- actual snow. We were wearing t-shirts/cutoffs, shorts, and tennis shoes. The snow was so refreshing- we were actually sweating. At the top of the path there was a huge lake. I've never seen anything like it. There was no access to it except by hiking and so there were only about 3 other groups of people there. And, mind you, this was no small lake. It was huge! Most of it was still frozen, and it was still surrounded by trees and snow on the ground. It was absolutely beautiful. The hike down was much quicker, due to the fact of dad hearing a mountain lion. That obviously made my flight/fight response heighten, and I pretty much booked it down the mountain as fast as I possibly could. I wish I could upload pictures, but the internet is not quite working.. to be continued ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment