Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Packing & Preparing!

I'm halfway through the painfully long process of packing up my room in Holland. Its so exciting but so scary at the same time. I still haven't really gotten any final plans about my trip out to Montana; I'm driving out on faith and two emails from my research mentor.

There are too many things running through my head to sleep: Do I bring my own rugs for the bathroom? Do I even have a bathroom? When am I going to get the chance to buy hiking shoes? Is my car going to make the 30 hour drive? Which swimming suit do I bring? Where should I stop along the way? How should I budget my summer stipend? What the heck kind of research am I doing?

I love being young. I love being wild. I love the thought of packing up my car and heading out for an adventure. I love the thought of the open road and seeing God's thumbprints in the mountains. I love the idea of cruising down the highway without any cars in sight, singing my country music. I love the beautiful opportunity awaiting me...

Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them." Ecclesiastes 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment